The Importance of Wedding Makeup Trials
We all know that the day of your wedding will be one of the most memorable and cherished days of you life. What we neglect to mention are the months leading up to the big day that are filled with cakes tastings, venue hunting, trips to the florist, engagement shoots, and the list goes on. And yes those pieces of the puzzle are important, but many brides skip over the equally important task of booking a wedding makeup trial. Yes ladies, booking a wedding makeup trial falls in the ‘Top 5 Important Things To Do’ list. And in the madness of planning everything else, this is the one thing brides typically tend to overlook.
So what is the importance of wedding makeup trials exactly?
- It allows you and the makeup artist to not only be formally acquainted, but also allows you to evaluate their professionalism, gauge their work, and also tests just how well you two vibe. Let’s face it, we wouldn’t want an unprofessional makeup artist who does not only doesn’t get along with you and your party, but also does a shotty job on makeup.
- Instead of stressing about your exact look on your big day, booking a wedding trial give you the freedom to tweak and perfect your final look BEFOREHAND. This means, finding the right foundation and the right foundation shade, find which false lashes (if any) works best for you, and how the makeup will last throughout the day (after the trial).
- It’s one less thing to worry about! Because you’ve went through with your trial, now everything is spelled out for the big day. This will give you peace of mind and lets you concentrate on other things.
Is there anything else a bride should know about trials?
Yes! Also check out “What to expect from a Beauty by Stacey makeup trial.”
For the makeup trial:
- I recommend my bride to come with a clean face. This means, no mascara, no lipstick, nada! We’re starting from scratch and building our way up. So starting with a clean face is key!
- Also, bring pictures of how you want your makeup to be on your big day. Photos will help where words let you down. By bringing pictures, it lets me offer advice and opinions on what might be the best for you.
For the hair trial:
- Just like the makeup trial, generally I recommend my brides to arrive with clean, dry hair. This allows me to add product, if needed, without building up on already oily, guncky hair. No product build-up here, ladies!
- Also, if you plan to have any hair accessories such as a veil, tiara, clips, or pins, bring them! This will give you a better picture of what you hair will look like on your wedding day.
- Bring pictures of what you’d like your hair to be like. Just like the makeup trial, this will help you where words let you down. “I want a curly…. pinned there…. or was it there?…” Yes, so clear!
Ready to go? Book your trial now.